Tax Exemptions for Sports Clubs

If your sports club registers with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) as a Community Amateur Sports Club you can benefit from some tax reliefs, including claiming back tax on Gift Aid donations, tax relief on the Corporation Tax you pay on income and capital gains, and non-domestic rates relief.

Community Amateur Sports Clubs can sign up to make Gift Aid or other tax repayment claims online using HMRC Charities Online service.

To register with the HMRC your club has to meet certain conditions. Community Sports Club status is only available to clubs involved in eligible sports as decided by the Sports Council. The HMRC Sports Club Unit decides whether the conditions for registration have been met. 

Other Community Toolkit Topics to look at:

Further sources of information

We are always interested in your views and experience of using the Community Toolkit. If you have any feedback or questions please complete our Feedback Form

The Community Toolkit is owned and maintained by Skye and Lochalsh CVO Conditions of Use
Last Updated 06/03/2014 10:46